Repairing or replacing teeth in a smile requires the assistance of a quality professional in the Winnipeg, Manitoba community. At ClearCare Periodontal and Implant Centre, we work with patients who are seeking restorative care and can make a recommendation regarding the best treatment for their unique dental needs. Our dentists are here to help and may recommend to patients the benefits of porcelain dental crowns.
What are porcelain crowns?
Porcelain crowns are a type of dental restoration that is commonly used to repair or replace teeth. Crowns are made to look like natural teeth and fit over the entire tooth surface, restoring function and strength. They can be used for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Repairing a broken or cracked tooth
- Restoring a tooth that has been worn down
- Closing the space between teeth
- Covering a dental implant
What are the benefits of porcelain crowns?
There are many benefits to choosing porcelain crowns for your dental restoration needs. Some of these include:
- A natural look and feel – porcelain crowns are made to look and feel like natural teeth
- Durability – porcelain is a strong material that can withstand everyday wear and tear
- Resistance to staining – porcelain does not stain easily, so your smile will stay looking bright and beautiful
- Minimal tooth preparation needed – in most cases, porcelain crowns can be placed over existing teeth without the need for extensive preparation
What is the process of obtaining porcelain dental crowns with a local dentist?
- Consultation. Attending a consultation appointment is the first step in porcelain crown treatment. During this appointment, your dentist will perform a thorough examination of your mouth and discuss with you how porcelain crowns can improve your smile.
- Preparation. The next step is to prepare your teeth for porcelain crowns. This involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel from the surfaces of your teeth so that porcelain crowns can be placed on top. This is a quick and easy procedure, with local anesthetic used to ensure you remain comfortable throughout the process.
- Impressions. Next up are impressions of your mouth. These help our dental team create porcelain crowns that fit seamlessly. We will take impressions of your teeth using a soft, putty-like material, which will then be used to create porcelain crowns that are an exact replica of your existing natural teeth.
- Temporary crowns. In the meantime, we will place temporary crowns on your teeth so you can continue going about your day-to-day life without having to worry about your smile. These porcelain crowns are made from a durable material that protects your teeth and gums while you wait for porcelain crowns to be created.
- Final placement. Once porcelain crowns have been crafted, we will invite you back into the office where we will remove your temporary crowns and place the porcelain crowns.
How do I learn more about dental crowns?
If you are looking for a quality, professional restorative dentistry provider in Winnipeg, Manitoba, please contact ClearCare Periodontal and Implant Centre today. We would be happy to discuss our services with you and answer any questions you may have. Our dentists are conveniently located at 191 River Avenue on the 2nd floor, and can be reached by phone to book an appointment by calling (204) 421-9236.
Share this Article